Friday, April 1, 2011

Nino's of Boca Raton

Hello Fellow Foodies, I realize I haven't blogged in a while and it's not because I haven't been out and about sampling Boca's finest, but I've just been so darn busy. Today, as I am enjoying my left overs from my dinner the other night, I became inspired to do a little post. My husband and I had an appointment to see our tax advisor over in the Fifth Avenue Shops a couple days ago and we decided to try out the newly opened Italian restaurant called Nino's of Boca Raton, which opened in the former location of Anna Vincenzo's. Nino's of Boca Raton might be new to East Boca, but has been serving up happy customers in Central Boca for over 30 years. On the night we went in to dine the place was packed, which was surprising not only because they had only been open for a few weeks, but it was a Wednesday evening. The menu was quite extensive, but we finally were able to make a decision. I ordered the Pasta Fagioli soup and my husband ordered the Lentil soup. Since I was watching my carbs, I asked the waitress if it was possible to go light on the pasta and she happily offered to accommodate by making sure that I was given mostly broth. We both enjoyed our soups and the garlic rolls that were promptly brought to our table. Again, watching the carbs, I picked around the rolls and just concentrated on what I thought was the best part, the crunchy top that was loaded with freshly minced garlic. We ordered a nice bottle of Montepulciano de Abruzzo which we were delighted with. For our entrees, I order the Veal Chop Bruschetta ($20.50). The veal was pounded & breaded in seasoned bread crumbs, sauteed in olive oil, then topped with diced Roma tomatoes, red onions & basil. I had a choice of sides which were included (fries - which we both thought was particularly odd- or pasta), but opted for the healthier choice of sauteed broccoli with fresh garlic & oil for an upcharge of $2.00 (it was worth every penny!) My husband ordered the Veal Marsala ($18.50) which consisted of veal scallopini sauteed with mushrooms in a Marsala wine sauce with a touch of demi glaze. He opted for a side of spaghetti. All in all, we enjoyed the meal and felt that the bill was reasonable, coming in at under $70 including the nice bottle of wine. Nino's of Boca Raton II is located in the Fifth Avenue Shops, 1930 N.E. 5th Ave. 561-362-8990 www.ninosofboca.com Until we eat again, I send you delicious wishes xo, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment