Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Madison's NY Grill & Bar in Boca Raton, FL


Photos courtesy of Shaina Wizov, Take a Bite Out of Boca
Hello Foodie Friends,
At the invite of friend and fellow food blogger Shaina Wizov of Take a Bite Out of Boca, we ventured off to try out Madison's, both for the very first time since their opening approximately 7 months ago - despite the sudden opening of the skies. We were thrilled to have found an open parking spot right up front and debated whether to use umbrellas or make a mad dash for it. Before we could even make that decision, a gentleman with two umbrellas came to my side of the car and held open one while I got out out and went around the car for Shaina with the other. Wow, I thought...we are definitely off to a great start. Service, definitely a good first impression!

Next, we were seated and our server Alex was there shortly after to greet us. He was a great server; genuine, professional, friendly, attentive but not overbearing. Shaina and I decided to try the grilled artichoke to start off with. I am not exaggerating when I say these were THE BEST grilled artichokes I have ever had. OK, they are the first ones I have technically had, but they were awesome! I had previously held the stuffed artichokes from this little Italian place in Surfside as the one to measure all others by, but this one at Madison's, OMG! I couldn't stop eating it, really! I would put this up against the stuffed kind any day of the week. Anyway, enough said...go and try it, you'll love it.
   Next up we had the seared sashimi tuna served with a sweet soy reduction and ginger. Another WOW! I have had my share of tuna, raw and seared, but never had I had it blackened to such perfection that it formed such a nicely seasoned crust around these beautiful pieces of sashimi.
Sweet Thai Chili Steak & Noodle Salad
Pineapple Coleslaw
Potato encrusted Grouper with sauteed carrots, hari covert and blue cheese crumbles 
Dessert: Sounds like "Galactic Bootie Call" lol, but is actually Galaktoboureko. This delicious pastry is made with a flaky crust filled with a custard cream base filling, topped with a honey cinnamon syrup.

Quinoa Caprese Salad
The Quinoa Caprese Salad, with fresh mozzarella, compari tomatoes, julienne basil and balsamic vinegar sounded unique so we tried it. I thought it was ok, but seemed to be a little dry for my taste, but once I added more balsamic vinegar to it, the flavors and textured were singing in harmony and became music to my mouth!



Madison's has a "Wine Down Tuesday" special where you can enjoy 1/2 off select bottles and 1/2 off select wines by the glass every Tuesday from 4pm - close, in the dining room only.
I'm told that new dishes are being added to the menu as well.

They have Happy Hour 7 days a week from 4pm - close!

They also have great deals for lunch with 10 items available for $10!!!

So, if you haven't yet been to Madison's, now is the time to check out this great BocaFoodFind. When you're there, ask for either George or Charles, two of Madison's outstanding Managers and let them know that your Foodie Friend, Denise Righetti sent ya!

You can check out Madison's online at madisonsnewyork.com and on Facebook.

Until we eat again...
  I send you delicious wishes, xo

Denise







No comments:

Post a Comment