Thursday, July 19, 2012

Who knew that so many people liked Jamaican food?

Denise with Chef/Owner Duane Morgan
Hello Foodie Friends,

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Today, I want to share with you a great BocaFoodFind called Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro. Owned & operated by husband and wife team Duane & Frances Morgan, this is the Morgan's second restaurant followed by the success of their first one, Rocksteady Jamaican Jerk Cafe, just down the road. I picked a date to do                                  

Conch Fritters









a group dinner there and began to promote it. It was not long before I had a sold out event. Who knew there were so many people living in the area that dug Jamaican food? I was pleasantly surprised and happy to know that I had so many adventurous diners in my group who were up for trying things like Oxtail and Curry Goat.
Jerk Chicken Salad
We started off with some great apps, one of which I was familiar with, having been to the Bahamas several times, and that was the Conch Fritters. The conch meat was fresh and was seasoned perfectly with Jamaican herbs and spices, pan fried and drizzled with a jerk mango mayo. Yum! The second appetizer we tried was Akee. Akee is Jamaica's national fruit and it was served sauteed with onions and peppers. It sure didn't resemble any fruit that I've ever seen. In fact, it looked more like scrambled eggs to me. But I will affirm, it sure was tasty!

Curry Goat
Akee

As I mentioned before, we were presented with some unusual fare (at least to my non-Jamaican palate) such as Oxtail and Curry Goat, both of which were excellent, as were the beautifully assembled Jerk Chicken Salad and the Escovitch Tilapia. We all enjoyed the traditional side fixins such as peas & rice, sweet plantains and Coco bread. For dessert we devoured their delicious homemade bread pudding. 

The atmosphere was comfortable and had a laid back vibe. Service was outstanding, thanks in great part to our wonderful server Lauren, who was top notch! We all enjoyed ourselves and several of us have already been back since this dinner.

Oxtail
You can LIKE Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro on Facebook  for updates on events and specials. You can also visit their website and see their menu at http://rocksteadyjamaicanbistro.com/

Rocksteady Jamaican Bistro is open for lunch Mon - Fri from 11am - 3pm and dinner from 5 - 9pm. Saturday from 12:30pm - 9pm and Sundays from 5 - 9pm.
They're located at 2399 N. Federal Highway in Boca Raton. 561-465-3167

Until we eat again,
I send you delicious wishes xo
Denise


1 comment:

  1. One of the absolute best restaurants in town!!

    ReplyDelete